Did you ever go visit a page/post on a site and get a 404 Page Not Found displayed instead? It's happened to us all, but can be embarrassing when it happens within your own site! Luckily, there's a quick fix…in less than a minute (well I guess depending on how slow/fast your computer is…LOL).
404 Easy Redirect
But for WordPress bloggers, it's VERY easy to prevent this from happening on your site, and to direct visitors to your home page, or other dedicated page, if they visit a broken link or possibly type in an incorrect URL on your site.
- From your Dashboard, go to Plugins, Add New.
- In the Search box, enter 404 Easy Redirect.
- Find the one from Ninja Press (404 Easy Redirect) and click Install Now.
- Then click to Activate Plugin.
- Lastly, from the Dashboard, go to Settings, then 404 Easy Redirect and be sure to check Enable.
- Click Save Changes.
Note, the HOME page is the default and will work just fine. However, you can create a custom page for visitors that get a 404 Page Error on your site.
For WordPress PDF tutorials and videos, join Stamping and Blogging today! Until next time…happy blogging!
Wonderful news coming soon for those paper crafters out there!